Rancho Storage Center
3869 Kennedy Road
Richland, WA 99352
Monday - Saturday
9 AM - 6 PM
Sundays 10 AM - 5 PM
6 AM - 9:45 PM
Seven Days Per Week
365 Days Per Year
Here’s How to Make The Most Of Your Storage Space
1. Round up tools you will need before hand. Gather plenty of sturdy, corrugated cartons, packing paper, bubble wrap, sealing tape and markers along with furniture covers. Our supply shop has everything you will need.
2. Tightly seal boxes with packing tape. Boxes that are tightly sealed will prevent dust from entering also adding support.
3. cover and protect furniture legs, chairs and mattresses. Wrap furniture legs with bubble wrap, furniture covers or pads to prevent scratching. Leave slipcovers on upholstered chairs and cover them with plastic chair covers. Bag mattresses to keep them clean during storage.
4. Utilize empty space in stored furniture and appliances. Dresser drawers and larger appliances such as stoves and refrigerators can be used to store small items such as towels and linens or small fragile items.
5. clean and dry appliances before storing. Secure all move able parts with paper, or wedge and wrap and paper pad around each item for protection.
6. Pack books flat to protect their spines.
7. Use a generous amount of paper to pack dishes and glassware. Clearly mark cartons as"Fragile" and store them atop sturdy, non-fragile boxes.
8. Hang clothes and draperies in wardrobe boxes. For unwrinkled and secure storage of clothes, linens and draperies, use wardrobe boxes which allow for hanging.